v1.2.0 - May 11, 2023 - Tooling, TOTP images¶
- This project is now managed with hatch, which replaces setuptools, pipenv, and tox. Users of the package should not be impacted. Developers can refer to the readme for details. If you’re packaging this project from source, I suggest relying on pip’s isolated builds rather than using hatch directly.
- #123: Add support for passing an image parameter in the otpauth URL.
v1.1.3 - November 30, 2021 - Admin template fix¶
- #89: Use the standard username context variable for compatibility.
v1.1.2 - November 29, 2021 - Forward compatibility¶
- #93: Default to AutoField to avoid spurious migrations.
v1.1.1 - September 14, 2021 - Throttling message fix¶
- #87: Fix
locked_untilkey in throttling reason map.
v1.1.0 - September 13, 2021 - Concurrent verification¶
Where possible, all APIs now verify tokens atomically. This prevents race conditions that could result in a token being verified twice as well as closing gaps in throttling enforcement. Low-level integrators may still need to manage their own transactions.
v1.0.6 - May 28, 2021 - Email customization¶
v1.0.5 - May 08, 2021 - config_url fix¶
- #77: Force username to a string in config_url. Note that this might not produce a very human-friendly result, but it shouldn’t throw an exception.
v1.0.4 - April 28, 2021 - Dark mode fix¶
- #76: Django 3.2 supports the prefers-color-scheme media query, so we need to force a white background for QR codes.
v1.0.3 - April 03, 2021 - Email body template path setting¶
- #71: Provide time at which throttling lock expires.
v1.0.2 - October 23, 2020 - Email body template path setting¶
- Added a setting to load the email body template from a template file.
v1.0.1 - October 06, 2020 - Add French translations¶
- Added contributed French string translations.
v1.0.0 - August 13, 2020 - Update supported Django verisons.¶
- Dropped support for Django < 2.2.
v0.9.3 - June 23, 2020 - June 18, 2020 - Admin fix¶
- Stricter authorization checks for qrcodes in the admin interface.
v0.9.0 - April 17, 2020 - Improved email device¶
SideChannelDevice is a new abstract device class to
simplify writing devices that deliver tokens to the user by other channels
(email, SMS, etc.).
v0.8.1 - February 08, 2020 - Admin fix¶
- #26: Display OTP Token field on the login page even when user has not yet authenticated.
v0.8.0 - February 06, 2020 - Drop Python 2 support¶
v0.7.4 - November 21, 2019 - Cleanup¶
- #10: Remove old admin login templates that are confusing some unrelated tools.
v0.7.3 - October 22, 2019 - Minor improvements¶
- Built-in forms have autocomplete disabled for token widgets.
- Fixed miscellaneous typos.
v0.7.2 - September 17, 2019 - LoginView fix¶
- #2: Fix LoginView for already-authenticated users, with multiple auth backends configured.
v0.7.1 - September 12, 2019 - Preliminary Django 3.0 support¶
Removed dependencies on Python 2 compatibility shims in Django < 3.0.
v0.7.0 - August 26, 2019 - Housekeeping¶
Removed obsolete compatibility shims. The testing and support matrix is unchanged from 0.6.0, so there should be no impact.
v0.6.0 - April 22, 2019 - Failure throttling¶
Built-in HOTP and TOTP devices are now rate-limited, enforcing exponentially increasing delays between successive failures. See the device documentation for information on presenting more useful error messages when this happens, as well as for tuning (or disabling) this behavior.
Thanks to Luke Plant for the idea and implementation.
v0.5.2 - February 11 - 2019 - Fix URL encoding¶
- Fix encoding of otpauth:// URL parameters.
v0.5.1 - October 24, 2018 - Customizable error messages¶
v0.5.0 - August 14, 2018 - Django 2.1 support¶
- Remove dependencies on old non-class login views.
- Drop support for Django < 1.11.
v0.4.2 - December 15, 2017 - addstatictoken fix¶
- Fix addstatictoken string handling under Python 3.
v0.4.1 - August 29, 2017 - Misc fixes¶
- Improved handling of device persistent identifiers.
- Make sure default keys are unicode values.
v0.4.0 - July 19, 2017 - Update support matrix¶
- Fix addstatictoken on Django 1.10+.
- Drop support for versions of Django that are past EOL.
v0.3.14 - May 30, 2017 - addstatictoken fix¶
- Update addstatictoken command for current Django versions.
v0.3.13 - April 11, 2017 - Pickle compatibility¶
- Allow verified users to be pickled.
v0.3.12 - April 2, 2017 - Forward compatibility¶
- Minor fixes for Django 1.11 and 2.0.
v0.3.11 - March 8, 2017 - Built-in QR Code support¶
- Generate HOTP and TOTP otpauth URLs and corresponding QR Codes. To enable this
django-otp[qrcode]or just install the qrcode package.
- Support for Python 2.6 and Django 1.4 were dropped in this version (long overdue).
v0.3.8 - November 27, 2016 - Forward compatbility for Django 2.0¶
v0.3.7 - September 24, 2016 - Convenience API¶
- Added a convenience API for verifying TOTP tokens:
v0.3.6 - September 4, 2016 - Django 1.10¶
- Don’t break the laziness of
- Improved error message for invalid tokens.
- Support the new middleware API in Django 1.10.
v0.3.5 - April 13, 2016 - Fix default TOTP key¶
- The default (random) key for a new TOTP device is now forced to a unicode string.
v0.3.4 - January 10, 2016 - Python 3 cleanup¶
- All modules include all four Python 3 __future__ imports for consistency.
- Migrations no longer have byte strings in them.
v0.3.3 - October 15, 2015 - Django 1.9¶
- Fix the addstatictoken management command under Django 1.9.
v0.3.2 - October 11, 2015 - Django 1.8¶
- Stop importing models into the root of the package.
- Use ModelAdmin.raw_id_fields for foreign keys to users.
- General cleanup and compatibility with Django 1.9a1.
v0.3.1 - April 3, 2015 - Django 1.8¶
- Add support for the new app registry, when available.
- Add Django 1.8 to the test matrix and fix a few test bugs.
v0.3.0 - February 7, 2015 - Support Django migrations¶
- All plugins now have both Django and South migrations. Please see the upgrade notes for details on upgrading from previous versions.
v0.2.7 - April 26, 2014 - Fix for Custom user models with South¶
- Updated the otp_totp South migrations to support custom user models. Thanks to https://bitbucket.org/robirichter.
v0.2.6 - April 18, 2014 - Fix for Python 3.2 with South¶
- Removed South-generated unicode string literals.
v0.2.4 - April 15, 2014 - TOTP plugin fix (migration warning)¶
- Per the RFC,
TOTPDevicewill no longer verify the same token twice.
- Cosmetic fixes to the admin login form on Django 1.6.
This includes a model change in TOTPDevice. If you are upgrading and your
project uses South, you should first convert it to South with
migrate otp_totp 0001 --fake. If you’re not using South, you will need to
generate and run the appropriate SQL manually.
v0.2.3 - March 3, 2014 - Fix pickling¶
- OTPMiddleware no longer interferes with pickling request.user.
v0.2.2 - December 31, 2013 - Require Django 1.4.2¶
- Update Django requirement to 1.4.2, the first version with django.utils.six.
v0.2.1 - November 19, 2013 - Bug fix¶
- Fix unicode representation of devices in some exotic scenarios.
v0.2.0 - November 10, 2013 - Django 1.6¶
- Now supports Django 1.4 to 1.6 on Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, and 3.3. This is the first release for Python 3.
v0.1.8 - August 20, 2013 - user_has_device API¶
django_otp.user_has_device()to detect whether a user has any devices configured. This change supports a fix in django-otp-agents 0.1.4.
v0.1.6 - May 9, 2013 - Unit test improvements¶
- Major unit test cleanup. Tests should pass or be skipped under all supported versions of Django, with or without custom users and timzeone support.
v0.1.5 - May 8, 2013 - OTPAdminSite improvement¶
- OTPAdminSite now selects an apporpriate login template automatically, based on the current Django version. Django versions 1.3 to 1.5 are currently supported.
- Unit test cleanup.
v0.1.3 - March 10, 2013 - Django 1.5 compatibility¶
- Add support for custom user models in Django 1.5.
- Stop using
Device.objects: Django doesn’t allow access to an abstract model’s manager any more.
v0.1.2 - October 8, 2012 - Bug fix¶
- Fix an exception when an empty login form is submitted.
v0.1.0 - August 20, 2012 - Initial Release¶