This project makes it easy to add support for one-time passwords (OTPs) to Django. It can be
integrated at various levels, depending on how much customization is required.
It integrates with
django.contrib.auth, although it is not a Django
authentication backend. The primary target is developers wishing to incorporate
OTPs into their Django projects as a form of two-factor authentication.
Several simple OTP plugins are included and more are available separately. This package also includes an implementation of OATH HOTP and TOTP for convenience, as these are standard OTP algorithms used by multiple plugins.
If you’re looking for a higher-level or more opinionated solution, you might be interested in django-two-factor-auth.
This project is stable and maintained, but is no longer actively used by the author and is not seeing much ongoing investment.
Well-formed issues and pull requests are welcome, but please see CONTRIBUTING.rst first. General questions and ideas should be directed to the Discussions section; issues should be reserved for confirmed bugs.
- Overview and Key Concepts
- Authentication and Authorization
- Extending Django-OTP
- Change Log
- v1.3.0 - November 08, 2023 - Support cooldowns for token generation
- v1.2.4 - October 05, 2023 - Portuguese translation
- v1.2.3 - September 17, 2023 - German translation fix
- v1.2.2 - June 16, 2023 - otp_email html support
- v1.2.1 - May 26, 2023 - pt-BR translations
- v1.2.0 - May 11, 2023 - Tooling, TOTP images
- v1.1.6 - March 07, 2023 - German translation
- v1.1.5 - March 06, 2023 - Bugfix release
- v1.1.4 - November 10, 2022 - Spanish translation
- v1.1.3 - November 30, 2021 - Admin template fix
- v1.1.2 - November 29, 2021 - Forward compatibility
- v1.1.1 - September 14, 2021 - Throttling message fix
- v1.1.0 - September 13, 2021 - Concurrent verification
- v1.0.6 - May 28, 2021 - Email customization
- v1.0.5 - May 08, 2021 - config_url fix
- v1.0.4 - April 28, 2021 - Dark mode fix
- v1.0.3 - April 03, 2021 - Email body template path setting
- v1.0.2 - October 23, 2020 - Email body template path setting
- v1.0.1 - October 06, 2020 - Add French translations
- v1.0.0 - August 13, 2020 - Update supported Django verisons.
- v0.9.4 - August 05, 2020 - Django 3.1 support
- v0.9.3 - June 23, 2020 - June 18, 2020 - Admin fix
- v0.9.1 - May 08, 2020 - Admin fix
- v0.9.0 - April 17, 2020 - Improved email device
- v0.8.1 - February 08, 2020 - Admin fix
- v0.8.0 - February 06, 2020 - Drop Python 2 support
- v0.7.5 - December 27, 2019 - Django 3.0 support
- v0.7.4 - November 21, 2019 - Cleanup
- v0.7.3 - October 22, 2019 - Minor improvements
- v0.7.2 - September 17, 2019 - LoginView fix
- v0.7.1 - September 12, 2019 - Preliminary Django 3.0 support
- v0.7.0 - August 26, 2019 - Housekeeping
- v0.6.0 - April 22, 2019 - Failure throttling
- v0.5.2 - February 11 - 2019 - Fix URL encoding
- v0.5.1 - October 24, 2018 - Customizable error messages
- v0.5.0 - August 14, 2018 - Django 2.1 support
- v0.4.3 - March 8, 2018 - Minor static token fix
- v0.4.2 - December 15, 2017 - addstatictoken fix
- v0.4.1 - August 29, 2017 - Misc fixes
- v0.4.0 - July 19, 2017 - Update support matrix
- v0.3.14 - May 30, 2017 - addstatictoken fix
- v0.3.13 - April 11, 2017 - Pickle compatibility
- v0.3.12 - April 2, 2017 - Forward compatibility
- v0.3.11 - March 8, 2017 - Built-in QR Code support
- v0.3.8 - November 27, 2016 - Forward compatbility for Django 2.0
- v0.3.7 - September 24, 2016 - Convenience API
- v0.3.6 - September 4, 2016 - Django 1.10
- v0.3.5 - April 13, 2016 - Fix default TOTP key
- v0.3.4 - January 10, 2016 - Python 3 cleanup
- v0.3.3 - October 15, 2015 - Django 1.9
- v0.3.2 - October 11, 2015 - Django 1.8
- v0.3.1 - April 3, 2015 - Django 1.8
- v0.3.0 - February 7, 2015 - Support Django migrations
- v0.2.7 - April 26, 2014 - Fix for Custom user models with South
- v0.2.6 - April 18, 2014 - Fix for Python 3.2 with South
- v0.2.4 - April 15, 2014 - TOTP plugin fix (migration warning)
- v0.2.3 - March 3, 2014 - Fix pickling
- v0.2.2 - December 31, 2013 - Require Django 1.4.2
- v0.2.1 - November 19, 2013 - Bug fix
- v0.2.0 - November 10, 2013 - Django 1.6
- v0.1.8 - August 20, 2013 - user_has_device API
- v0.1.7 - July 3, 2013 - Decorator improvement
- v0.1.6 - May 9, 2013 - Unit test improvements
- v0.1.5 - May 8, 2013 - OTPAdminSite improvement
- v0.1.3 - March 10, 2013 - Django 1.5 compatibility
- v0.1.2 - October 8, 2012 - Bug fix
- v0.1.0 - August 20, 2012 - Initial Release
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
For more information, please refer to <https://unlicense.org/>